Traditional methods of revenue cycle management (RCM) are becoming increasingly complex and difficult to maintain, especially in the modern accelerated adoption of remote workforces and work-from-home teams.
Yet this tech-based approach to the working environment can also help companies with their RCM, with intelligent automation increasing profitability management, giving oversight to performance metrics, and breaking down a siloed approach to revenue cycle processes.
However, true RCM automation goes beyond just leveraging technology, either within your organization or via a third-party RCM vendor. It requires having a culture where your staff feel empowered to both embrace the change brought about by RCM automation plus feel equipped with the best training and expertise to support new strategies.
If you want to bring automation into your revenue cycle, recognize that this doesn’t mean your team will be entirely taken out of the process, nor should they feel forgotten or left behind. Your team should remain involved in using the technology that is helping make their jobs more efficient.
How can you empower your team in the context of RCM?
- Embrace change – Don’t let a culture of fear sneak into your organization. Instead of holding off on high-ROI automation for your RCM processes, help your team get a big-picture perspective of how their current expertise and skills can be better applied in other areas as technology takes over more high-stress and labor-intensive workflows.
- Improve team morale - Instead of sticking employees with repetitive and sometimes redundant operations for revenue cycle management, RCM automation can let your staff engage with higher-value work that provides greater satisfaction and investment in the organization—creating higher retention and less turnover.
- Reduce errors - Rather than having to deal with revenue cycle error detecting, reporting, and cleanup, software solutions can provide flawless operations that heighten overall productivity and accuracy, with better results for your patients.
- Streamline workflows - What team doesn’t enjoy getting more work done in less time? Free up your staff by automating many of the processes involved in claims submissions, reporting backlogs, and cycle times.
- Deliver control of operating costs – Help your team see that RCM automation can help cut costs for claims processing, with fewer people needed as new hires (with associated training) while the organization can grow in both its clinical and financial operations.
Is your team wondering how the company culture will shift with more revenue cycle management being handled by intelligent automation systems? There are ways to educate and train them to embrace this industry shift in significant ways and get them excited for the opportunities it generates. Contact us to learn about revenue cycle automation and how it can be integrated with your organization in the most positive way.
To find out more about how Currance can support your team with workforce development, training, and data-driven empowerment, contact us: email@example.com.