Title: SVP, Data Engineering & Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Vice President of Data Engineering & Operations at Currance is ultimately responsible for the four major components of Data Science: Data Strategy, Data Engineering, Data Analysis & Models, and Data Visualization and Operationalization. They are responsible for the technical aspects of designing, deploying, and operating new, modernized data pipelines and data products leveraging public cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and on-premises systems, where applicable. In addition, this role will oversee systems administration (Level 2 Support), application engineering functions across all Currance software products, and on-boarding of new clients (working closely with all stakeholders and a cross-functional team).
This position will report to the Chief Information & Technology Officer and will work across the entire company in driving the successful execution of all Currance business initiatives.
In addition, the SVP of Data Engineering & Operations will perform the following:
- Partner closely with senior/executive leadership to understand business insights needed from data and realization of business value.
- Liaise with other teams and collaborate with stakeholders to understand data needs.
- Lead and contribute to the technical direction and architecture of data products. Perform trade-off analysis of different patterns/approaches while providing justification for decisions.
- Keep pace with changing business environment, technology, and data innovation to help optimize the right mix of technologies for Currance.
- Provide technical and customer-service focused oversight of technical resources for Application/Product Support, Database Administrators, and Data Engineers, among others.
- Help team grow by recruiting, training, and aiding in career progression plans, and also roll-up sleeves making technical contributions as necessary.
- Drive key data initiatives that impacts Currance’s key strategic business objectives, while ensuring data efficiency, integrity, reliability, and data quality.
- Help shepherd data security programs in compliance with health industry and mandates by technology security leadership and teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10+ years people management experience with direct oversight leading Applications and/or Infrastructure Support teams
- 15+ years Information Technology and Information Security experience
- 10+ years Data Analytics and Database Management experience
- 10+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, data ingestion, and ETL processing
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and specific experience meeting complex and competing priorities
- Requires strong problem solving, business, operational, financial, and technical management skills
- Highly developed analytical and deduction skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree preferred, i.e. MBA
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Six Sigma
- Healthcare & HIPAA/HITECH knowledge & experience
Apply for this position:
Complete and attach resume and cover letter below.
ApplyFor current openings with Currance
Attach your resume & cover letter and click submit.